During the 10th General Assembly of the Association of Mediterranean Ombudsmen (AOM), held in Skopje, Macedonia, the Parliamentary Ombudsman of Malta, Mr Anthony C. Mifsud was elected as Secretary General and Treasurer of the association.
For the past years, since the inception of the AOM, the Office of the Ombudsman in Malta occupied the post of Treasurer, which now will be amalgamated with the responsibilities of the Secretary General.
The election was held on 31 May 2018 and the newly elected members of the Governing Board of the AOM are:
- President – Andreas POTTAKIS, Ombudsman, Greece
- 1stVice-President – Francisco FERNÁNDEZ MARUGÁN, Defender of People, Spain
- 2ndVice-president – Mrs. Erinda BALLANCA, People’s Advocate, Albania ;
- Secretary General and Treasurer – Anthony C. MIFSUD, Parliamentary Ombudsman, Malta
- Member – Jacques TOUBON, Defender of Rights, France
- Member – Ixhet MEMETI, People’s Advocate, Macedonia
- Member – Judge (Ret.) Joseph SHAPIRA, State Comptroller and Ombudsman, Israel
- Member – Issam YOUNIS, General Commissioner of the Independent Commission for Human Rights, Palestinian Authority
- Member – Vlasta NUSSDORFER, Ombudsman, Slovenia
- Member – Maria STYLIANOU-LOTTIDES, Ombudsman, Cyprus
- Member – Abdessattar BEN MOUSSA, Administrative Mediator, Tunisia